There’s a lot of text in a day’s proceedings, so how do you point people to a particular phrase or sentence within that sea of text?
Hypothes.is makes it easy to create shareable, persistent links to any text fragment!
- Open Hypothes.is by clicking the tab that appears on the right of any page in Historic Hansard.
- Either create a free account, or sign in to your existing account.
- Highlight the text you want to share and click ‘Annotate’.
- Write something in the box and then click ‘Post to public’.
- Click on the share icon to copy a persistent link to the annotated text.
For example, here’s a link to Arthur Calwell’s oft-quoted remark ‘two Wongs do not make a White’.
There’s more info about direct linking on the Hypothes.is blog.